Membership entitles you to:
- reduced conference fees;
- receive regular mailings, including articles, book reviews, news, and information about events and meetings;
- join the BACIP email group;
- access the member’s area of the website, where you can listen to past conference recordings, look at past newsletters, and get in touch with members who have similar interests to yours.
- receive a discounted membership rate ($30 off) for the Christian Association for Psychological Studies, whose membership benefits include subscription to the Journal for Psychology and Christianity;
- receive a discounted rate for subscription to the journal Mental Health, Religion & Culture.
BACIP includes four grades of membership:
- Ordinary members are defined as Christians who are eligible for Graduate Membership of the British Psychological Society (i.e., have completed an undergraduate psychology degree, recognised by the BPS as the basis for further professional study);
- Spousal members are defined as Christians who are married to an ordinary member of BACIP and who otherwise meet the requirements for ordinary membership;
- Student members are defined as Christians who are studying psychology at college or university at either undergraduate or postgraduate level and are not in receipt of a salary;
- Associate members are Christians who are members of allied professions or related academic disciplines, or have not completed sufficient psychological studies to satisfy the requirements of the BPS. Associate members do not have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting, which normally takes place at the residential conference in the spring.
BACIP membership costs £30.00 annually for waged members (regardless of grade), and £12.00 for spousal members and unwaged members (regardless of grade). Members may also contribute to a hardship bursary to provide financial assistance for students and clinical trainees who could not otherwise attend BACIP conferences.
Join now using the green Register Now button above (inludes option to pay by PayPal)
Or download a membership form and pay by cheque or direct bank payment